Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cupcake Recipe

I haven't blogged in a while... It's just that I have so many interests and so many things to do that blogging often takes a back seat. Anyway, here I am again trying to share with you some recipes that I have tried out. The other day I ate a store bought cupcake and I quite liked it. And then I thought why not try making my own cupcakes? So here is a cupcake recipe for all my fans who are interested in baking. I normally stay away from baking cakes and bolinhos as my sister does them so well I don't want to compete with her but these little cupcakes sure had me tempted. I used  little cup liners that my sister's friend had brought for her from the U.K. They are so tiny that I had a tough time spooning the batter in. They are just a little bite size but turned out quite delicious even if I say so myself! What I used is a basic sponge recipe with equal quantities of the basic ingredients. Let me know what you think. I made these this morning before I left for work and by the time the first batch of my first cupcakes was out of the oven I knew I had not the time to spoon out the batter for a second and third lot. So check out the mini cake loaves I made from the remaining batter as I was running out of time.
How to make cupcakes
Ingredients:
125 grams maida/all-purpose flour
125 grams butter
125 grams sugar  
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk  
½ teaspoon vanilla extract

Method:
  • Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF and place the cupcake liners on a baking tray.
  • Put all the ingredients except for the milk in a bowl and beat till smooth. I used an electric beater.
  • Add the milk and beat some more.
  • Spoon the mixture into the cupcake liners.
  • Put in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cup cakes are cooked (a tooth pick inserted in the center should come out clean) and golden on top. Since my cup liners were really tiny, my first batch was done in like 8 minutes.
  • Take the cup cakes in their cases from the tray and let cool, right way up, on a cooling rack.
  • Serve plain or decorated with icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We strive to bring you the best of Goan recipes handed down from our mothers and grandmothers whether it is Goan sweets recipes, Goan dessert recipes, the famous Goan xacuti recipe, the vindaloo recipe, the sorpotel recipe and so much more... Enjoy making the best of Goan dishes to tickle your palate and there are so many other favourite recipes you can use as well. So happy cooking and... bon appetit!!